City saves over 1.1 million kilowatt hours of energy
1,160,200 kilowatt hours of energy saved by the city of Bocholt by February 2023
In times of energy scarcity, Germany is called upon to save energy. This concerns both private households and public institutions like the city of Bocholt. Last year, the city council therefore decided on various energy-saving measures. Now the administration presented a first balance sheet to the main and finance committee.
The result: 1,160,200 kilowatt hours of energy were saved. This sum is made up as follows
- Lighting buildings: 34,400 kWh savings
- Hot water gymnasiums: 94,000 kWh
- Dimming street lighting (11/22 to 2/23)= 100,000 kWh
- Abandonment of ice rink: 25,000 kWh
- Reducing Christmas lighting / shortening Christmas market = 5,000 kWh
- Bahia: 901,800 kWh
Citizens press the gas brake
It is not only the public sector that is making savings, but also the citizens of Bocholt. As the Bocholt public utility company recently announced, gas consumption was 33% lower than in comparable periods of the previous year.
An energy shortage is no longer expected at present.