When clicking the language function, a connection with Google is established and your personal data is forwarded to Google!

Reset language

Border issues

Boundary dimensions: Where is your boundary?

Sometimes it is necessary to know the course of the property boundary - for example, if a fence is to be erected. Property boundaries are determined during various surveys and entered into the property register. In the field, boundaries are marked with boundary stones or other boundary signs and thus visibly labelled. In addition, the results of the boundary survey are recorded in a continuation plan and in a boundary record. We will be happy to inform you about the course of the boundary, the demarcations determined and the available boundary dimensions.

If you would like to have your property boundary shown on site, you can contact a publicly appointed surveying engineer (ÖbVI). Below you will find a list of all publicly appointed surveyors working in North Rhine-Westphalia.

Arbitration office: getting along is better than suing

If you have problems with your neighbours, the Arbitration Office can help both parties in a cost-effective and
andgoal-orientated for both parties. Arbitration offices are run by arbitrators working on a voluntary basis. They have focussed their activities on dealing with everyday civil and legal disputes. They can also become involved in criminal law disputes.
Further information on the activities and responsibilities of the arbitration office can be found here.

Also interesting

Overview of all ÖbVi's

List of all publicly appointed surveyors in North Rhine-Westphalia