Integrated mobility concept
There are many different ways to get from A to B - by bus, train, bicycle, car or on foot. The task of urban transport planning is to coordinate the different traffic flows and to link them in a meaningful way.
The integrated mobility concept is a good aid. Since 2020, it has formed the basis for important transport policy decisions concerning mobility in Bocholt and the connection to supra-regional transport lines.
Goals among others:
- Bicycle streets, bicycle routes and lockable parking facilities for bicycles.
- longer journey times for city buses
- Proposals for new bus routes
- upgrading the railway station and the bus terminal to modern mobile stations
- Strengthening bus and rail services
- Conversion of streets for pedestrian and bicycle traffic
- Street trees
- Traffic concept for the north of Bocholt
- Inner city with attractive public spaces
- Car-poor and pedestrian-friendly city centre
- Strengthening road safety