When clicking the language function, a connection with Google is established and your personal data is forwarded to Google!

Reset language


Services for refugees

People who are fleeing from other countries can apply for asylum in Germany. They receive benefits under the Asylum Seekers' Benefits Act.

Cash and non-cash benefits for refugees under the Asylum Seekers' Benefits Act are paid to foreigners who are actually residing in the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany and who

1. have a residence permit under the Asylum Procedure Act, or

2. are under an enforceable obligation to leave the country, or

3. are spouses or minor children of the foreigners referred to in numbers 1 and 2.

These are benefits which are granted instead of social assistance for the above-mentioned group of persons. The necessary requirements for food, accommodation, heating, clothing, health and personal hygiene and household goods and consumables are to be granted.

What you need

Proof of income such as

  • Wage statement
  • Unemployment benefit/assistance certificate
  • Sickness benefit certificate
  • Housing benefit certificate
  • Child benefit statement

Bank statements for the last three months, notice of allocation from the Unna-Massen Landesstelle Duldung or Aufenthaltsgestattung.